…we became a family of 6!
Leah Joy Nelson
born: 3:59 am
9lbs 12 oz
How many people get to say that they rode a Zamboni at a NHL game?!? Not a ton, I’m assuming. However…
… our Rebekah can!
Back a couple of weeks ago when Josh was in Memphis…
looking like this… ( on Elvis’s plane…)
and touring places like this… (Graceland…. just in case you were wondering)
Oh… and eating BBQ…..
and…. of course, working. ….
My parents took the girls to a Ducks hockey game! ( I believe this was their first time at a hockey game.)
And our Rebekah… actually… got to be one of the lucky ones chosen to ride the Zamboni between periods!
Josh, I know was dying that he was not there to see her in person. I was too! We were texting up a storm, back and forth with each other and with my dad. She is really such a brave kid! She did so well with her parade wave and even in the video you can tell she is a bit nervous but she kept a strong smile on her face and kept that hand a-wavin… the entire ride! So cool! She was pretty proud of herself! We were too! Mighty proud! She went out there all by herself, was on the jumbo screen, had her name announced and waved to thousands! And now she is part of a special club of Zamboni riders!
She talked about it for days! Still talks about it!
I’m pretty sure it’s a once in a lifetime kind of thing!
Thank God, for a Grandpa who is assuring, encouraging and cheering her on. My dad has always been good at the inspiring pep talks.
Such a big girl! Notice her “interview” with “Duck TV”! This girl is up for anything!
What a cool night! Something our little Miss will not soon forget! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for a great adventure!
I find it interesting how all of my pregnancies have had their similarities and also stark contrasts. With each pregnancy I have had my cravings, my aversions, my moods, my aches, pains, fears, hopes,ups, downs, and of course, joys…
Here are just a few of the simple things I remember from carrying my babes…
There are other things I remember, that I will carry in my heart and share with each child. No blog post could do the many thoughts of those months justice…
So here are just a few weird little things…
-With all my babies… I have carried STRAIGHT OUT! I am told ALL the time how it looks like I’m carrying a basketball, then a bowling ball… and then…………. what’s bigger than a bowling ball? A baby?
-All my babies are born with-in days or 2 weeks of a major holiday and all of their birthdays, Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving and Valentines Day are within a 3 month time block…. the time of the year that Josh and I refer to as the time when… “THERE IS NO MONEY!”
- I have had PUPPS with each one. ( and no it has nothing to do with dogs…)
Pregnancy with Rebekah…
- craved… cold fruit!Like peaches, oranges, tangerines, apricots.
- I literally LOST my guts at the mere sight of or even mention of… Ketchup. A bottle of it on the table would turn me green.
- Actually a lot of things turned me green during those 9 months. I tease that being pregnant with Bekah was my most efficient diet plan.
Pregnancy with Anna…
- craved… MEAT!!!! Oh I just remember thinking that nothing tasted better than an Island’s Mushroom Swiss Burger!
- I wasn’t nearly as sick with Anna… and my weight gain proved it. Ha! I WAS however, extremely tired… I remember laying down on Bekah’s bedroom floor so that I could play with her and doze off at the same time.
- Anna was this winner for PUPPS! OH MAN I WAS MISERABLE!
Pregnancy with Micah-
- I think I ate my weight in granola bars… and craved Taco Bell tostadas.
- Was pretty sick with Micah.. til about 14 weeks.
- When I was pregnant with him I had a major love of spicy! Especially, I loved buffalo sauce! I was dipping everything in Chick-fil-a Buffalo Sauce!
- With Micah (and all my pregnancies) I have had a LOVE for the smell of… beer, wine, and coffee. I find myself standing in the coffee aisle of the grocery store just taking in deep breathes. And if anyone has a glass of wine or a beer when in my prescence… they may hear the awkward question from me…. “Can I smell that?”…. weird? I know.
And with Leah:
- Since I am still… well… actually… carrying her… everything is very fresh in my mind…
- I was pretty sick with this little one. I had a hard time shaking the nausea and throwing up til about 20 weeks.
- PUPPS came to visit me yet again during this pregnancy… and Leah was the winner as far as week for PUPPS to arrive…. 25 weeks…. pleasant.
- Cravings?…. All things lemon, citrus… for flavor and scent! Yumm….
I have NEVER liked this stuff til now. And now… I devour it by the package full. I love the salt… oh so yummm….
(p.s. Josh can’t stand it!He actually looks slightly ill when watching me eat it. Sorry babe. )
Earlier in my pregnancy… I was craving chili cheese fries, turkey dogs, chocolate milk…iced, anything sweet and salty… and steak. (Thank God for a hubby who indulges my weird little cravings.)
And as far as smells….
I can not get enough of…. wait for it…..wait for it…
I know!!!!! Call me a freak! I agree! But I love the smell of Lysol, Clorox, Windex…. just good old clean, chemically…. goodness!
I don’t know if characteristics of pregnancy reflect the characteristic of the child but each of mine have had their specific identity and each has burned impressions on my heart and mind that continue to shape me.
And while I can’t say that I am the most pleasant and joyful pregnant lady to have ever lived (you will NOT see me modeling in chiffon, standing in a field, peacefully looking at my belly… and getting my picture taken… sorry just not my thing.)…. I can say that my heart overflows with gratitude for the months I have held my precious babes within me.
And with all that being said……
GET THIS BABY OUT!
A little iPhone camera catch up… just to show you what life has been like around our little green house.
Today is Sunday, November 20th.
And no Leah bug yet. I am extremely READY for her arrival. Soon… very soon. If she doesn’t come on her own… Wednesday is D day.
So as we wait…
1. Micah and Anna have been kind of buddy-ing up lately. He often has NO clue that he is playing a key role in her pretending…. but he goes along with it. She calls him “honey”, “sir”, “son” or “baby”… and he just smiles and enjoys the being included.
2. The easiest pie ever made.
3. Micah continues to develop his skills in the filth department.
4. The hazards of “patch time”… Rebekah wears an eye patch for 2 hours a day… while the patch is on she is…. well… kind of….. blind. And this is what happened when she tried to jump up to get a cup out of the cupboard. she couldn’t see the door and POW! the corner of the door punctured her head! We had a mild panic moment as the blood from this small wound POURED down her face and when she pulled her hand away from it… and saw her hand covered in blood. What is with head wounds and the massive bleeding that takes place? Happy to report… her head is fully healed and her eye-sight is on it’s way to improving.
5.,6.,7.,8. Last month Josh had a business trip to Memphis. We won’t discuss the emotional mess his wife was during said trip. I’m sure you can all understand my slight distress when you think of how hard it is when you….
LOVE BBQ as much as I do. I mean MEMPHIS!?!?!? I would have thoroughly enjoyed me some Memphis style eats!
Anyways when he returned we were all very excited to see him. Bekah even cried tears of joy and held onto her daddy for quite some time. We don’t do well without our Superman here.
So when he came home we took a peaceful drive along the coast and stop at SHWACK in Dana Point. Very yum.
9.,10. Then we picked up mini-ice cream cones at Trader Joes and went to the park. And I was especially glad daddy was home when it came to cleaning up this chocolate face and dirty diaper! What a guy!
11.,12. I am sure I have shown you more pictures than you care to see of our son playing in the dirt…. but truly…. it’s his happy place. Shhh…. Christmas may or may not bring this little man a Sand Box….
13.,14.,15.,16. Below… this is what we look like when we are hit with food poisoning! OH SO GROSS!!!!! Our family has never experienced a complete wipe out like this and I pray we never will again. We had dinner here around 6… at 12:30 exactly we had a little boy throwing up, at 12:35 Bekah was joining him…. Anna kept it down til 1:00 and by 2:00 Daddy and Mommy were joining the party! Oh MY WORD!!!! You know Micah is sick when he is…. well…. still. You know Bekah is sick when she refuses to let any pictures of her be taken. Anna just cried ALL DAY (I’m not exaggerating!) And you know that Superman is sick when he actually lays down in the middle of the day. This man stops for nothing and he was out! So… in case you were wondering… we will never eat…. there… again!
17. Such a sad sight… Nelsons sprawled out on the living room floor….
18. Micah and his cowboy boots.
19. Getting ready for Leah, bringing out all the gear. Micah has enjoyed revisiting it all.
20. Making caramel apples with Grandma. Thank you Lord, for my mom who takes the girls to spice up their days and shower them with love. Especially, when mommy is feeling like a beached whale with a serious case of indigestion.
21.,22. We recently purchased bean bags for the girls… Something I have always HATED! But really they are so useful… we use them for school everyday! It keeps them off the couch. (Mommy’s place ) And it gives them a special cozy place to read, take rest time and watch movies.
Micah?…. he obviously enjoys the dog bed.
So that’s us. That’s what is going on in our little green house…
a big week ahead! Stay tuned!